Groundwater Licensing and Hydrogeology

Securing a water supply for your development or trading your valuable resource


Guiding you through the meander of Groundwater Licensing

Groundwater licences (GWL) are required for all commercial users of groundwater and artesian groundwater wells in Western Australia. This requires obtaining exploration licenses and abstraction licenses. The amount of detail required by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) depends on location and on the volume of water required.

Promak can assist with the application of a groundwater licence under section 5C of Right in Water and Irrigation Act 1914, from an initial desktop investigation, supervision of bore drilling and equipping, then testing bores. Data and logs are reported in a detailed Hydrogeological Assessment and associated Operating and Management Strategy to the requirements of the Department of Water and Environment Regulation.

Licensing Expertise

From A to Z, Securing you a water supply!